Watching baby birds grow...

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I felt this need to document the lives of those little baby birds we had in our hanging flower basket... maybe because I knew if I didn't do it, who else would scrapbook their little lives? :-) I was fascinated with how much they changed every day, and the chance to watch that happen.
So, the last pics I posted were from July 23rd, and here is the rest of how they grew...

July 24th- evening
July 26th- afternoon (sadly, only two little birds now)
July 28th- afternoon
July 29th- evening
July 31st- morning
August 1st- morning
This morning when I went out to water the plant, these two little birds were both sitting up staring straight at me. As I put up the watering pot, they both flew out of the nest at me and escaped to another plant in the yard. I got my last photos of them there, sitting in the branches staring up at me with their little mouths open, one leg up in the air, motionless.They flew away soon after, and are now apparently making their own way in this great big world. I'm glad I have a bit more time with my little chickees to prepare them for life outside the nest!

0 comments: