Conversations of note

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ella sneezes.  "Oh!  I think I'm catching up to someone's cold."


This afternoon I had a great request from Alex as we were conversing together: "Mom?  Can you "pause" the talking 'cuz I have to go to the bathroom."


Alex and I are in the van today in a hurry to leave when I can't get the garage door to close... something seems to be in the way.  "Oh, for crying out loud!" I said as I got out to investigate.  It turns out that a rope had fallen across the sensor and so every time I started to close the door it sensed something under it and opened back up again.   I moved the rope, successfully closed the door, and hopped back in the van.  As we started to drive away, Alex cautiously said to me, "Mom?  When are you going to cry out loud?"


Late night update (can't pass this one up):
Max and Kyler just came out of their room to inform me that they are scared.
"What are you scared of?"
"That the angels of death might make... what's that woman's name that cut Samson's hair?"
"Delilah."
"Yeah, that they'll make Delilah come back to life and they'll surround us and she'll cut off our hair and we'll lose our strength."

This from two boys whose hair is less than an inch long.  And was just cut two nights ago.  Which apparently didn't impair their mighty and world-renowned strength then.

And really?  Delilah? 
They seemed more afraid of her than the angels of death in their story... ah, the power of a woman. ;-)

1 comments:

aaron♥michelle said...

Fun! :) It's so great to be able to capture those moments. Priceless. :)