Congratulations, Matt & Kim!

Sunday, May 31, 2009












This weekend we had the honor of celebrating the marriage of Heather's brother, Matt to his beautiful bride, Kim. What a gorgeous weekend! The wedding was in Oregon at Mt. Hood, and we had a wonderful time together with friends and family, celebrating and playing. The wedding was Saturday evening, and after four hours poolside earlier in the day we learned that a swim cap on a 4 year old girl out in the sun for hours will leave a truly unique tan line across her forehead.... :-)

The kids had an amazing time, and were so honored to all be included in the wedding. They adore their Uncle Matt and Aunt Kim and were thrilled to be involved on their big day.

They really did quite well, but were definitely tired by the time they were to head down the aisle! Lots of sun and playing, combined with little sleep from the rehearsal dinner and all the excitement the night before made a challenging combination!

They all made it down the aisle, despite Alex's very tired protestations moments before... "I don't LIKE this pillow, I don't LIKE these rings, I don't WANT to have these ribbons on here, and I DON'T want to go swimming!"

Once convinced that all he had to do was make it down the aisle to Dad (Aaron was officiating), then he could come sit in Mom's lap, he stood tall and convinced me he could do it. He was SO very tired! He made it though, and hopped back up at the end to grab Ella's arm for the recessional (well, he also went back up front mid ceremony when he decided he couldn't see what Matt & Kim were doing well enough when they were lighting the unity candle... once satisfied, he returned to his seat.)

Congratulations, again, Matt & Kim... enjoy your time in Mexico! :-)
Elizabeth
Alex and Kyler

The bridal party (most of it!)

Handsome groomsmen

The beautiful ladies

Kim and the boys

Matt and Kim with all the kids

Maria takes some time to relax

Heather, her Mom, Matt, her Dad, and sister, Amy
Align Center
Uncle Matt comforts tired Alex

"Show me how you really feel..."

Silly faces!

"I don't WANT this pillow..."

The girls petal the aisle for Kim

Matt & Kim at the alter with Aaron (he did a great job, by the way!)

Aaron with his girls!

Matt spins Ella and Elizabeth on the dance floor. Too bad I didn't get any good shots of the boys breakdancing! :-)

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

I cannot believe little baby Matthew is married!!! I am feeling very old right now! Everyone looks gorgeous! Glad it was a great day! Let us know if you're back in Oregon! (In-between international jaunts and all!)

Aaron and Heather said...

I was feeling pretty old, too! :-) Hopefully we'll make it back down to Oregon this summer- it would be great to get together with you and the kids... it's been way too long!

Anonymous said...

Wow-I can't believe Matt is married! Your family all looked amazing. Looked like a fun time! Praying for you guys as you get ready to leave on your adventures in a couple weeks! ~Deanne

aaron♥michelle said...

Love all the pictures!! What a great weekend. :) I think my favorite is still the one with Aaron and his girls. Treasured moments for sure. Good luck as you wrap up details for your trip! It's coming up FAST!!! :)