Flu...

Sunday, November 15, 2009


Yeah- we made it! All six kids have now had the flu, and I have not yet completely lost my mind! They managed to spread it out over about 4 weeks... so that's four long weeks of having someone home sick. Aaaahhhh...

However, we're on our way out- I think I can see the sun again! Of course, the actual sun is now gone from our local skies, but the joy of seeing these last fevers subside is causing great happiness in my heart! We're hours away from the last one being fever free for 24 hours... ah, that beautiful, beautiful moment that means you can go out into the world again... At this point in my isolation, I truly do hear angels singing and see a bright light shining down when the thermometer beeps that last time and I cautiously peek at the fateful numbers there... will it be? Is freedom returning? YES!!!! No fever! The heavens break forth in song and the clouds part. It's possible this is just happening in my mind... but if there's a break in the clouds today about 4 pm, then you'll know the whole world is rejoicing with me! :-)

Other than being absolutely miserable for a few days, they all made it through without complications, although we did get Tamiflu for Maria and Max because of their underlying respiratory issues.

Come on 4 pm...

3 comments:

The Earnhardt Family said...

Oh man girl! I can't even imagine. I am going to stop and have a moment of silent celebration with you at 4 pm today. I will smile as big as I can and take a long deep breath in your honor!

Katharine said...

Great photo illustration! But which kid is Eeyore?

Kristen Joy Wilks said...

An Olympic act of mothering to be sure! We just got your Christmas letter. Loved hearing about all of your chickadees. Maybe I'll actually get to say hi when you are up at camas in a few weeks for your family camp. Oh it was fun to spot you guys at "Wicked." God bless and may your life be fever free.