We're in Mexico!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

We made it safely, police escort and all. :-)  What an experience.  I'd love to write more about it later,  but Aaron is running off in just a couple moments with the computer to an internet cafe in town.

The weather is quite nice, not too hot with a super breeze that blows across the hilltop our camp is on.  The sun is hot, but the evenings are cool enough that we all bundle up in our sweatshirts for our evening worship session.  The kids are doing ok... playing hard, making friends and getting quite tired, which, unfortunately, is leading to some grumpy and disrespectful talk.  Please pray for wisdom and patience for me as I respond to them and try to help them grow through this experience.   It's hard sometimes to balance the needs of the group (and expectations) with what I know works best with my kids.  Especially hard when I'm very tired. :-)

Well, Aaron is standing over me waiting for the computer, so I'd best go.  We're off to our first worksite tomorrow!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,
Thank you so much for allowing Alicia to join your family for the Serve trip. We hope she is a blessing to you and the kids. Please tell her we are praying for her and we miss her.
Dave and Tricia