Aaron is downstairs picking up my discharge meds and then we'll head on home!
I'm doing pretty well- got up walking last night and multiple times today. My abdomen hurts a bit but mostly it's my shoulders that are SO sore from the gas they inflated my abdomen with yesterday for the surgery. I feel all crackly when I try to take a deep breath! I'm so happy to be eating, and have enjoyed a nice quiet morning and afternoon sitting by the window drinking several cups of tea, and looking out in to the gray haze that lies between me and Mt. Rainier... :-) It is always nice to be inside with a hot cup of tea on a rainy day- I even brought my own very soft lap blanket from home, and right now, I'm doing okay without the fireplace.... :-)
Thank you, thank you for all your kind words and encouragement. Thank you to those of you who sent emails or left phone messages the night before my surgery or over the last two days. I'm sorry I didn't return the calls or emails, but I heard them and read them and was so encouraged. The magnesium citrate demanded that my time be spent in the bathroom and not at the computer or on the phone for any length of time, which was really a bummer :-)
Thank you all so much for all of your notes and walking through the day with us. I feel so loved, supported and cared for… and that’s a really nice way to feel.
My surgeon came in to talk with me again this morning and go over the surgery once more. I knew I was in pain, but it’s always nice to have someone tell you there was a good reason for it… :-) The endometriosis appeared to be contained entirely in the organs that she removed- she looked all around but didn't see any signs on any other organs. That is so encouraging to me that hopefully it will be gone now for good! Once again, my right ovary was stuck to the back of my uterus, and my left ovary was stuck to my pelvic wall, and pulling up. It was twisting on itself due to the adhesions, but couldn't fully twist (an ovarian torsion) because it was stuck in place. So, that was probably the primary source of all that left sided pain I've been having since November.
It sounds like transport is here so I'm on my way home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Oh Heather... you make a day in the hospital sound so relaxing and enjoyable that I'm thinking I should find some excuse to check into one just to get some peaceful "down" time. Hahaha :) Glad you are headed home! Enjoy sleeping in your own bed tonight and gathering up all the hugs, kisses and gentle snuggles from the little ones (and from you're most excellent husband who takes such good care of you)... see you soon!
Amy
Heather,
I am so glad to hear everything was a success and that you will be able to be pain free in no time!
Blessings to you and your family,
Annette
Post a Comment