I had my first post-op visit on Monday, and my surgeon was very impressed with how well I'm doing! She was surprised that I've been off the Percocet (for pain) since last week, and says everything looks good overall. It wasn't much of an outing, but I was really tired when I got home! I took a nice little afternoon nap after the kids left for school. I am certainly still lacking the energy I had... when I clean off the kitchen counters and disinfect them, and then feel like I've earned a nap... you know I'm not quite "back to normal" yet! I call this my "pretend" life that I'm living... the one where I DO get to take a nap after cleaning off the counters, someone brings me dinner every night, and my biggest job is to work on healing and getting better. Yeah, this is not my "real" life! :-) I feel pretty good in my "pretend" life; I'm not sure how well I'd hold up in my "real" life!
My surgeon reminded me how deceiving it is to see my incisions healing up so nicely and quickly... it's easy to forget the major work she did inside and how much I have to heal from under my skin.
As I do this all important job of healing (I keep reminding myself I only have one chance to do it right!), I am so thankful for all of you that have stepped in to help- taking the kids to school, picking them up, bringing meals, baking cookies with the kids or doing some other fun activity, or cleaning my bathrooms or kitchen... it has been such a help and we are all so thankful. The kids love to see you all, and I KNOW Aaron appreciates not having the entire world and all our responsibilities resting on his shoulders alone. :-)
I woke up this morning and realized that the coma I fell into on the couch last night by 7 pm was probably partly due to the fact that I'm coming down with a cold. I hope I can still fight it off (if I can't when my life consists of sitting on the couch, drinking tea and mostly resting, there's not much hope for ever fighting one off!), but if not, at least I'm not doubled over with pain every time I cough or sneeze now....just a little hurt.
Well, I'm off to attend to my cup of tea... vanilla coconut white tea this morning... :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
I am glad to hear you are taking time to heal...it is true...give yourself all the naps you need. Patience is going to be a true test! I was still needing naps after 3 months, but you start to have milestones and days when you know you have turned another corner in the healing process! It's weird, but you can definitely tell. hystersisters.com offered awesome ideas and help with my surgery...you should check them out when you are "resting". :)
Oh, and I will be keeping you in my prayers for sure!
Hey Heather,
So glad you got a good report and are doing so well. Now you just need to give the insides that time to heal but it sounds like you have that under control. Sooo sorry to hear that you think you're coming down with a cold so really treat yourself well.
Hope you got my e-mail and we'd like two tickets please!
Take care, love, Mom
Post a Comment