Wow what a day! I am so thankful to be up my private room with a nice view of the city. I should have a view of Mt Rainier in the morning and I even get to stay in bed and enjoy that. :)
I have a bit of a sore throat from anesthesia but nothing that my nice, cold, frothy, soothing, filling chocolate milkshake isn't helping. :) I hurt but my pain is pretty well controlled with my PCA (I press a button to have pain medicine delivered through my IV).
I got to call home and say goodnight to the kids. It was good to hear their voices and to reassure them that I was just fine. Max was especially relieved that there had been no fires, floods or terrorists hampering my operative experience.
I'm pretty sleepy and am really looking forward to the peaceful sleep that comes from knowing that my surgery is over and taken care of. I may well be able to come home tomorrow. We'll see how things go. Did I mention that I was tired? Aaron and I had lots of little naps last night between bowel prep and Max deciding that this was a good night to get sick and throw up.
Well I had best sign off now so Aaron can get started on that nice hand massage. :) I also had better quit talking now, while I'm on this Dilaudid. Who knows what I might post for all the world to see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Good morning! It was so nice to hear from you last night! I hope you and Aaron are feeling rested this morning and will be enjoying that beautiful view of the mountain soon! Love you!
Amy
I'm so glad everything went well, Heather! I hope you were able to get a good night's rest. And, I hope you're enjoying Mt. Rainier this morning!!
Post a Comment