I need to proclaim it loudly, and the highest I can currently get is the 11th floor of the hospital. So hear me blogging from the top of hospital on the hill:
Aaron is amazing!
This man is the most patient and steady friend a girl could have- particularly a girl in pain, preparing for surgery, or post-op surgery! He has been so helpful in preparing, and put up with all the little and big things I wanted done before surgery to be prepared as best as I could. He has held me in my pain, gotten up at night to get me water and medicine when needed, rubbed my back and legs, put up with all my moods (made worse by hormones that we hoped would help control symptoms) and pre-op anxiety, and has promised to not ship me off to far countries with the new hormone adventures we're beginning (as of last evening, I'm now in menopause!). He has willingly and cheerfully prepared to take on multiple additional responsibilities in the coming weeks... actually, to continue doing so- he's already been filling in the pieces for me when I've been unable to the last couple months.
Completely exhausted and tired last night, fighting a cold, up several times the night before (awakened by me getting up, or helping Max change his bed after he threw up)... he graciously and lovingly stayed here extra late with me to make sure I was settled- which involved getting the room all set up with every little thing that I needed close at hand. I love this man!
Thank you, Aaron, for the many, many ways that you show your love for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
7 comments:
I'm so pleased. I taught him everything I know!
So happy, and teary, to read that all is going well, so great to not have a huge incision!!!
love you guys
jody
Hey Heather, So good to know the surgery is over and it was all able to be done through the scope! You should have heard the whoops of joy when Aaron called yesterday to tell us the news. The kids were so cute and very excited. They can't wait to see you and are so hoping for you to get home today but as I explained, we really want what's best for Mommy and if she has to wait another day we'll just have to be patient. Everyone but Alex understood that. He really misses you and wants to snuggle with you so badly. The kids have been SO good and Kyler has been an outstanding help, really impressive. Beth takes care of everything and is so responsible and Maria even picked up everything last night even though it wasn't her mess. So we're doing fine and we'll be so excited to see you when you get home! Alex and Ella are here with me now and they send bunches of love along with me. See you soon.
Love, Mom
P.S. You're right! Aaron is a great guy, he bought me an Americano this morning from Starbucks so that makes him pretty okay in my estimation!
We think that your husband is a pretty cool guy too! So great when a "pastor" is a shepherd at home first! Thanks for that great example Aaron!
We're praying for you Heather!
The Aabys
i am so teary! so sweet that aaron is so loving and so sweet that you want to proclaim that with such great appreciation!! yea for it all!!! love you, tc
I'm so glad that your surgery went well Heather. Been praying. Enjoy your chocolate milkshake.
Fantastic on all counts! Thanks for sharing, Heather. Glad the "happy juice" is doing its job, too.
Post a Comment