leaving El Lago Atitlan is lame

Monday, June 29, 2009

It's hard to find a more picturesque place to hang out. Hey kids how do you feel about leaving the lake? (Kyler ) sad, (Beth) sorrow, (Maria) sad and glad. I know we have volcanoes at home but I'll miss San Pedro, Toliman and Atitlan. The kids are exploring the last few bugs in the garden and the fruit salad served in half a pineapple is coming soon for me. The rain clouds now dominate the horizon and the thunder begins. Our shuttle to Antigua Guatemala comes in 45 minutes.

It has been great to share these memories with the kids. We now buy artisan work knowing that it will be a shared memory producer and not just an artifact to explain. We'll take weeks to unpack the memories and I'll take joy in that. The kids are tired and Heather and I are moving pretty slow too. I'm praying for an open brain to take in more sights, sounds, smells and time with the fam.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope these couple of days will be a nice relaxing time together as well as enjoying this new place you are at. it is ok to move a little slower! looking forward to seeing you, tc