"It was awesome possum radical dude! I got to meet my birthmom and I gave her a necklace and she really loved it, and she could barely even pick me up! She was really nice. I get to see her again on Sunday and I'm so excited. I can't wait until I get to see her 'cuz that's gonna just rock! And I get to meet my birth grandma and birth grandpa and Jefry and Werner, my birth brothers. Jefry is 13, and Werner is 9. Jefry likes to ride his bike just like me, but he likes to ride it with Spike, his dog (a Corgi). Werner to loves to climb things and jump on things."
Max asked all his questions, and it turns out he's probably not going starve because he really liked breakfast. I emphasize "probably" because he's asked if he can withhold his final opinion until later... he says he's "50-50" right now on the starving possibilities.
This morning was amazing, and it seems hard to believe the meeting really happened. Of course, sleep deprivation gives everything a rather surreal quality to begin with! Glendys was waiting for us when we arrived at Hannah's Hope and we spent close to 2 hours with her. Max was nervous and excited, but eventually relaxed enough to give her a fine dance/rap/song/entire rock band impersonation. We all thoroughly enjoyed the performance, and she was so happy to see him be relaxed enough to be silly and fun with her.
Personally, I am just overwhelmed with thoughts and emotions. It was such a delight and a treasure to see her again, and she was so thankful to see Max. She thought she would never see him again, would never know how he was growing or what he was doing. She had lost the contact information after we came home with Max, so was not able to get our updates. When HH was able to contact her again and let her know we were coming, she was so happy. She longs to see photos of him as he grows, and she misses him so deeply. I have tears in my eyes even now as I think of how she described missing him, wondering about him, and pouring over all the pictures she has of him, photos spread out all over her bed. I believe our entire trip was worth this one morning and the gift she was given in seeing her baby again, growing strong and healthy and hilarious! :-)
We are so thankful for the opportunity to host them all for breakfast on Sunday. Her sons and mother really wanted to come today, but were unable to because of their schedules. However, Sunday morning will work perfectly for them, and it just happens that we will still be in the city as the flight we were to take to Tikal that morning was cancelled and we'll be leaving in the afternoon, instead. I'm really looking forward to seeing the boys together- I hope they'll all be able to relax enough together to enjoy the time and get to know each other a bit. As we shared stories, Glendys and I were laughing about Max and Werner- they sound very similar. We thought that together they could probably get into quite a bit of trouble!
After our time with Glendys, we walked around Hannah's Hope and visited with the kids. We are not able to post any photos of the children there on our blog, but I do have a couple of photos of one particular little girl, "Y," who is very darling. Her mom knows who she is! :-) She played peek-a-boo with me for a few minutes, and otherwise was very busy running around.
We spent a few minutes out on the playground that we installed 6 years ago with some of you readers out there. :-) It's still standing!
Now we're back at the hotel enjoying a much needed "downtime" afternoon- the kids are having a blast in the pool, and Alex is astounding us with his amazing swimming abilities in about 1 foot of water. He's so funny- he can swim in deeper water, but he's loving the section of the pool that is raised up and very shallow. He's even "diving" (belly-flopping) in like a pro!
It has been heaven to my tired and very full mind to sit here by the side of the pool, try to corral a few of the thoughts in my head, munch on chicken quesadillas, and listen to the kids yell, splash, play and move to their hearts content!
.jpg)
11 comments:
Dear Bauers,
Wow! What a special morning, sounds like things went so great! I'm so glad you will also have Sunday to meet more of Glendis's family and Max has brothers!! (If I knew that I'd forgotten it.)And, he gets to meet them! Max, I'm so glad you really had a very special morning with your birth Mom, it's sounds like it was so special for both of you. I love the photo of you putting on the necklace you gave her. I'm sure that will always be a special memory for her. She is very pretty and I know where you get your good looks from! I'm so glad it was special for you. How's that for amazing that your morning flight to Tikal was cancelled? Heather, you may have planned the trip but God is really in charge. Enjoy the pool! Love, Gramma and Grampa Sandeno
It sounds like you had a precious time with Max's birth mom. How special for him and especially for her to see him. I love the pictures....especially the one of the whole family and Max looking up to his birth mom. The memories you two are making with your kids is priceless. Have a wonderful vacation!
Annette
I think Roger Records would say, "That's goodness." What an incredible blessing for all of you. Thanks for letting us "travel" with you!!! Praying for you!
Michelle Hughes
What a special time! I can't wait to sit and pour over your files of pictures I'm sure you'll have by the end of the trip! :) Love what G&G Sandeno said - God is definitely in charge of this trip and I am so excited to see and hear of all the adventures He has planned for the Bauer family...and the people you touch on the way...
We love you guys!
Michelle & Aaron
Oh Heather. What a gift to be able to share in your vacation and memory making moments. I am so happy to hear that today was so amazing. And you still have so many more to go. Praying God continues to increase your joy and fill your hearts to overflowing.
Stephanie Earnhardt
What a wonderful day and what a special little boy. He made all of you very proud. I'm jealous of your time at HH. I miss the feeling of that place that gave us our wonderful daughter.
Oh my goodness... I'm going to be all out tears before you get home! I am SO happy that today went so well and plans could be made to see each other again - what a precious blessing! Some of your pictures and your comments bring back such special memories, and more tears... the boys were so little then! :) I can't wait to hear what tomorrow will bring! I just have such a sense of anticipation to be able to "watch" from afar and see what God has planned for you over the next few weeks! Squeezes to all the little ones (and the big ones, too)!!! - Aunt Amy
Max--How wonderful that was to meet your birthmom. What a special time you are all having. Kyler, Maria and Max--we will miss you at summer Sundays this week.
Love Mrs Smith (Ann Smith)
Amazing times! God is good!! Thinking about you and excited to read more! Thank you, traceycrabtree
Heather,
I sit here reading these wonderful words from your trip. How beautiful it is to know that your son was able to see his birthmother. I know Y will not be able to do that this side of heaven. I know one day it will fall to me to break this news to her without breaking her heart.
Tears are unabashedly streaming from my eyes as I think about my sweetie. I am so happy to know that you were able to play with her for even a few minutes. Friday was the day I received my update DVD for June, and my heart aches ever more with each passing day that she is there and I am here. Thank you for being so kind to me in my wait, and for blessing me with God's Light through your unselfish act of checking in on Y for me. You have so much to do, and yet you took time to find her and play with her , and you have given me such a gift. Thank you so much.
Robin
Just smiling for you .... have a wonderful, blessed time. Nothing here is more important that what you are experiencing there. Stay in the moment and treasure!
Love to you all
Angie
Post a Comment